HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR ROAD BIKE CHECKLIST
Platinum Motorcycles have put together a simple checklist on how to best maintain your road bike. Following the checklist will help keep your motorcycle in top condition.
Pre Ride Checks / every 500km checks
- check all lights/ signals are operating
- tyres – check pressure and inspect for wear
- check engine oil level
- coolant level – check this from your reserve bottle and fill to the max line
- chain – clean, adjust and lubricate (in some cases your bike may have a belt or shaft)
- brakes – check fluid level and brake pad wear
- clutch free play/ slack (2-4mm)
- throttle free play/ slack – make sure it returns and does not stick
- check for loose bolts and parts that are not secured
- check the position of controls and mirrors
- ensure you have a fresh tank of fuel
Maintaining your road bike can be quite overwhelming if you don’t have an understanding of the basics. Reading your owners manual, getting to know your local motorcycle service centre, and having some basic tools and service care products is key to keeping on top of your bike’s maintenance.
Every motorbike is different, so along with these basic checks, it is important to follow your maintenance schedule. If a bike is being used in harsh conditions/ competition use, then servicing and maintaining should be carried out more frequently.
We are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
Extremely nice and genuine mechanics over here, they do not take extra amount for any repair or RWC, I strongly recommend Platinuim motorcycle for all sort of bike and scooters repair and RWC, very honest staff and very low prices.