HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR DIRT BIKE CHECKLIST
Platinum Motorcycles have put together a simple checklist on how to best maintain your dirt bike. Following the checklist will help keep your motorcycle in top condition.
Pre Ride Checks
• Start and check engine oil/coolant level
• Inspect, clean & oil air filter element
• Tyre pressures (12psi)
• Lubricate drive chain & tension (40mm)
• Battery operation for electric start models only
• Inspect for loose wheel bearings & bolts
• Inspect brake pad material (minimum 1mm)
• Full tank of fresh fuel
Every 7hrs/300km of operation
• Carry out pre ride check list
• Engine oil & filter replacement (gearbox oil on 2T)
• Tension spokes
Every 15 - 20hrs/800 - 1000km of operation
This service should be carried out by a qualified motorcycle mechanic.Valve clearance, spark plug replacement and fuel system tune is scheduled. Greasing suspension and steering bearings is recommended.
Every 50 – 75hrs/3000km of operation
Depending on your model your engines topend should be inspected for wear on rings, valves and cam chain. This will keep your bike running strong and reliable. A throttle body/carburettor clean is advised also.
We are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
Extremely nice and genuine mechanics over here, they do not take extra amount for any repair or RWC, I strongly recommend Platinuim motorcycle for all sort of bike and scooters repair and RWC, very honest staff and very low prices.