GOLDfren began manufacturing sintered disc brake pads for a wide range of off-road and road motorcycles in 1991, nearly three decades on from their first motorcycle brake pads GOLDfren has become one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers in the motorcycle brake disc pad industry. Their development of next-generation products has kept them at the technological forefront of Sintered Friction Braking providing you with confidence in the performance, durability and reliability of your brakes.
The AD sintered compound is optimal for street bikes, dual sport, touring, trial, cruisers. This compound makes for a perfect OE replacement due to its versatility. It is recommended for riders that do not ride really hard, but do want the good stopping power of a sintered brake pad when needed. The wearing rate of this sintered compound is 20% lower than other known sintered or semi-sintered brake pads in the same category.
- High static friction coefficient
- Good abrasive resistance
- Thermal stability up to 450°C, and even up to 700°C over a short term
- Wearing rate by 20 % lower comparing with competitive sintered products of its category for common use
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Three(3) times +/- longer operational life compared to organic and Kevlar composite Materials
- Specifica designed for common street riding
- On scooters, cruisers, street bikes and ATV
- Suitable for dry and wet conditions
- Could be used on off-road bikes front brakes for riders that don't ride hard
- Specific pressure: P < 5.0 Mpa
- Sliding speed: V < 40 m.s-1
- Constant maximum temp.: 450°C
- Short time maximum temp.: 700°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel disks
What is a sintered brake pad?
GOLDfren only manufacturers sintered brake pads that contain metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials, these materials allow for less brake dust and a quieter braking experience. Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperature and pressure which enhances friction properties and pad life, resulting in longer life and stronger braking. Sintered brake pads experience no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions. They also last up to 5 times longer than organic pads and provide additional braking strength. All materials used are environmentally friendly and do not contain any lead, asbestos, fibreglass or formaldehyde.
Reminder: one set of brake pads services one brake disc, if you are servicing multiple discs you will need multiple sets of brake pads.