In the early 1960s, two motorcycle racers, Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald (K&N) developed a ground-breaking new idea for an air filter. After experimenting with numerous types of filter media, they discovered that an oiled cotton design allowed the filter to not only capture contaminants very efficiently, but also allowed it to be washed and reused, and the original K&N High-Flow Air Filter was born. Five decades later, K&N is still innovating industry-leading filtration technology. In addition to performance air filters, K&N® now manufactures a variety of other protection and performance products, including air intake systems, oil filters & fuel filters, with a reputation for exceptional quality and customer service.
K&N Air Cleaner Assemblies are designed to get more horsepower from your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. These air cleaner assemblies replace the stock air filter and backplate with an oversized K&N Air Filter and custom aluminium backing plate. These assemblies utilize the stock cover to maintain stock appearance.
- Designed to increase horsepower & torque
- Dyno-tuned velocity stack
- Excellent Air Filtration
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 6.54 HP @ 5100 RPM
- Replacement Filter: E-3975
- Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Size: 9 Inch
- Inlet Diameter: 2.406 in (61 mm)
- Overall Height: 2.5 in (64 mm)
- Weight: 3.1 lb (1.4 kg)
- Neck Flange: 2.406 in (61 mm)
- Mounting Hardware Included: Yes