In the early 1960s, two motorcycle racers, Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald (K&N) developed a ground-breaking new idea for an air filter. After experimenting with numerous types of filter media, they discovered that an oiled cotton design allowed the filter to not only capture contaminants very efficiently, but also allowed it to be washed and reused, and the original K&N High-Flow Air Filter was born. Five decades later, K&N is still innovating industry-leading filtration technology. In addition to performance air filters, K&N® now manufactures a variety of other protection and performance products, including air intake systems, oil filters & fuel filters, with a reputation for exceptional quality and customer service.
K&N Street Metal Air Intake Systems for Harley Davidson Dyna, Softail, Touring and Twin-Cam motorcycles increase power by eliminating the restrictive stock OE air cleaner and replacing it with an oversized K&N High-Flow Air Filter™ and a cast aluminium high-volume aluminium housing. K&N high-flow intake systems give your Harley® an aggressive appearance while providing a significant increase in airflow resulting in more power.
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Cast aluminium high-volume, performance air intake housing
- Washable and reusable K&N High-Flow cotton air filter
- Integrated internal velocity stack
- Built-in breathers replace external OE breathers
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 3.33 HP @ 4710 RPM
- Replacement Filter: E-3987
- Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Weight: 5 lb (2.2 kg)
- Mounting Hardware Included: Yes